Changing Your Air Filters Friendswood Texas
When and How Should I Change My Air Filters?
Living in Friendswood has its advantages. We have some of the most beautiful Spring weather in the Houston Area, and with it comes the allergens. It is important that you stay on top of your air filters, but knowing when and how to change your air filters is important. When you schedule regular maintenance with Air Systems Texas these are just one of the things that we like to help our customers out with.
1. When Should You Change Your Air Filters?
How often to change your air filters can depend on many factors depending on:
- What type of air filter you are using in your home
- What the overall air quality is in your home
- Whether or not you have pets
- How many people live in your home and occupy it regularly
- The air quality surrounding your home.
The standard size air filters 1″-3″ air filters, and the manufacturers suggest that you change them every 30-60 days, but depending on other variables you may need to change them more often. Just like automobile manufacturers recommend an oil change every 3 months or 3,000 miles. This is great, but depending on your driving habits and traffic conditions you may need an oil change more frequently. Like cars, general rules aren’t always the right answer. For example, f you suffer from light to moderate allergies, you should change your air filters more often. And of course, if you are a pet owner, then you understand that your pets likely have a tendency to shed. Hair and pet dander can clog your air filters very quickly and occlude your intake which can result in the need for more costly repairs over time.
Here are some considerations for timing of your air filter changes:
- Single occupant w/o pets or allergies: change your filter every 6-12 months
- The “Average” home w/o pets: change your filter every 90 days
- If you have a dog or cat: change your filter every 60 days
- If you have more than one pet or have any kind of allergies: change your filter 30-45 days
2. Want A Reminder Every Now And Again?
If you want to recieve our regular news letter we can send you a reminder that will prompt you to change those filters. Plus if you schedule a service and join our mailing list, you can earn $20 off your service call!
How Do I Sign Up?
You can sign up for our newsletter by scrolling down to the bottom of this page on the right-hand side. Our newsletter sign-up form is fast and convenient and we will occasionally send you information that will help the efficiency of your home and the occasional reminder that it is time to change those filters!